Annapurna Base Camp Trek
- Cost info
- Other info
Duration: 16 Days
Group Size: 2-16 pax
Starting Point: Kathmandu
End Point: Kathmandu
Departure : Upon request
Mode of Travel : Fly in/Out, Drive in/out
Max. Altitude : 2588m
Annapurna Base Camp Trek is one of the most popular trekking routes in Nepal and also in the worlds. Annapurna Base Camp Trek has been named as one of the best trekking routes in the world and it is an international treasure. Besides the exhilarating trail, Annapurna Base Camp Trek brings with it the opportunity to behold the majestic views of the Annapurna mountain range including Mount Annapurna, Machhapuchre, Dhaulagairi and many other peaks. Annapurna Base Camp Trek is near from Pokhara and the trek starts from the beautiful city of Pokhara. Annapurna Base Camp lies on the western foothills of the Himalayas in the northern part of western Nepal. The most appropriate time for Annapurna Base Camp Trek is from September to November and from March to May. If you are planning your trek apart from that season you will miss the scenic beauty over there. When you set your vacation for Annapurna Base Camp Trek you truly feel the custom and tradition of native people. So, it will be fruitful to spend some time on the way to experience their hospitality. In one sentence Annapurna Base Camp is a dream land and once you visit there your dreams become true. Annapurna Base Camp is that beauty which cannot be described through words and is lying in the part of nature.
Day 1: Arrival To TIA ( Kathmandu)
Day 2: Mountain flight then Sightseeing in Kathmandu
Day 3: Trip to Pokhara (910m)
Day 4: Drive to Nayapul, trek to Tikhe Dhunga
Day 5: Trek to Ghorepani (2850m)
Day 6: Trek to Tadapani throuh hike to Poon Hill (2500m)
Day 7: Trek to Chomrong (2020m)
Day 8: Chomrong to Himalaya hotel
Day 9: Himalaya hotel to MBC (6-7 hrs walk)
Day 10: Trek MBC to Annapurna Base Camp (4210m)
Day 11: Trek Back to Bamboo (2540m)
Day 12: Trek to Jhinu Danda (1780m)
Day 13: Trek to Othana via Landruk
Day 14: Trek to Phedi and drive to Pokhara
Day 15: Back to Kathmandu
Day 16: Departure to TIA, “Farewell!”
(We encourage you to extend your views in case if you want to change the itinerary)
DAY 01: Arrival in Kathmandu: (1300m/4264ft)
Welcome to Nepal, the Land of the Himalayas! You will be guided to the hotel by a Great Nepal representative once you arrive at the airport. You will have the rest of the day to do whatever you wish to do: get some sleep, stroll around or party hard. Well, do whatever that suits you. Later, you will participate in a gathering of other trekkers and guides and also be handed over the equipment necessary for the trek.
Day 02: Mountain flight then Tour Kathmandu:
You will be taking an early morning mountain flight for an hour and catch great views of the Himalayas Everest, Dhaulagiri, Annapurna, Kanchenjunga, and others from airplane. Mountain flights in Nepal are quite popular and exhilarating as it provides you with the chance to view the towering and majestic snow-capped mountains from a very close distance.Having completed the flight, you can also tour Kathmandu Durbar Square (Basantapur) with appointed tour guide, this can create a communicative environment for trip you start the next day. You can enjoy the day leisurely or catch up on some shopping or explore any landmarks. Overnight in Kathmandu. Included meal or Dinner.
DAY 03: Kathmandu to Charanudi (rafting) to Pokhara: (823m/2,700ft by bus 200 km / 6-7 hrs)
Early morning you will take a vehicle. On your way to Pokhara you can enjoy the scenery of country side of Nepal that includes green hills, rivers, farms etc. along the way you will be finding yourselves following a riverbank one of your side and hills too. Kathmandu to approx 3 to 4 hours drive to starting point Charanudi 85 km. This exciting rafting trip hitting a few class 2 or 3 rapids called "LADISE DELIGHT " and you stop for some time for rest. The end of your rest white water hit a class 2 to 3 rapid called "UPSET" and "SURPRISE" stop at River Fun Beach Resort and you will have buffet lunch. Scenic valleys and impressive gorges, exhilarating rapids and easier sections as well as the right amount of time all make it the perfect trip for first-time or experienced rafters. You drive ahead to Pokhara, the beautiful lake city you are again greeted with great views of the Himalayas including Dhaulagiri, Manaslu, Machhapuchhre, the five peaks of Annapurna and others.
Day 04: Pokhara to Tikhedhunga: (1577m)
You take some food and rest and embark on a drive to Naya Pul for an hour and start the trek. The day would be comparatively easy on hiking as you go only through the bank of Modi khola (river) and the beautiful sight of rice terrace. It would be more fun, overnight at Teahouse.
Day 05: Tikhedhunga to Ghorepani: (2855m. /6-7hrs walk)
Fuel yourself up real well with some food because today you will begin the trekking in real sense. You will start hiking through steep climb to Ulleri, ascending a steep stone staircase which has about 3300 steps. The first two hours would be challenging steep incline. Later, the path will be semi-leveled or slightly uphill. But along the trial you will experience the fascinating views, rhododendron forest, flora and fauna and many more.
Day 06: Hiking to Poon hill and trek to Tadapani: (2523m / 6 hrs walk approximately)
Today will be an easy day that starts early with the sunrise walk and end early. The hike to the top of Poon Hill is steep, but it lasts less than an hour, the sunrise viewpoint (3245m). Watching the sun touch one mountain peak at a time as it climbed into the sky would be surreal and very photogenic. Sky would almost be perfectly clear, with just a couple clouds to provide the rays of sun more surfaces to light. In addition, with a nice walk through the forest and along a river, you can spend the afternoon at the temporary Tadapani community that will create to make you feel so natural and warm with its eminent quality and you will get back to Ghorepani through dense forest looking at greeneries, animals and birds for fooding. Overnight at Teahouse.
Day 07: Tadapani to Chomrong: ( 2360m. / 5-6 hrs)
From Tadapani to Chomrong, you make a steep descent through the dense and dark forest to a beautiful village located on the lap of giant Annapurna. This is massively known as Chhomrong. You pass through west bank of Modi khola along Chomrong below the towering peaks, Annapurna south and Machhapuchre (fishtail). Overnight at Teahouse.
Day 08: Chomrong to Himalaya Hotel: (2873m / 6 hrs approximately)
Start with a easy walk to through the forest, you are towards Bamboo and continue climb up to Dovan. Then the trail leads you through the valley towards Himalaya. The challenge for the day is that you will mostly need to climb uphill, descent from Chomrong reach Chomrong Khola and again start climbing to the Khuldighar (2380 m. / 7808 ft). Although the path itself presents with only moderately difficult inclines, the continual rise in altitude makes this day to your destination a true challenge. Overnight at Teahouse.
Day 09: Himalayan hotel to Machhapuchre base camp, MBC: (6-7 hrs walk approximately)
Having climbed up through the valley to get to the Machhapuchhare Base Camp, you will take an hour rest before you head to the Base Camp. If you have no problem climbing up then you can continue walk to Base Camp for overnight (If you have any problem walking further you should stop here for overnight).
DAY 10: Machhapuchhre Base Camp to Annapurna Base Camp: (4,130m/13,545ft) 2 - 3 hours
On the way to Annapurna Base Camp from Machhapuchhre Base Camp, the vegetation disappears. You will see the snow boulders melting and forming small streams, the path widens as you enter the sanctuary. You will be following a stream and then climb to a few huts alongside a moraine. There are sensational views of the near-vertical south face of Annapurna towering above the sanctuary. Annapurna Base Camp sanctuary boasts of a dynamic views without anything impeding the 360-degree panorama. After arrival at this view site, you will savor the mesmerizing views of the Machhapuchhre, Annapurna south, Annapurna I, Hiunchuli and other peaks. Overnight at Annapurna Base Camp.
DAY 11: Annapurna Base Camp to Bamboo: (2310m/7575ft): 6 hours
At dawn, you relish the magnificent sunrise over the Himalayas from Annapurna Base Camp. You will help yourself with some breakfast and start descending from Annapurna Base Camp to Bamboo back through Machhapuchhre Base Camp, Deurali, and Dovan until you finally reach Bamboo. Heading back down to the valley is much easier than climbing up. You will see the waterfalls that drop down from a high point to the rocks below. You further pass through the forests with great views of Fishtail and Hiunchuli mountains. Overnight in Bamboo (Teahouse).
DAY 12: Bamboo to New Bridge or Jhinu Dada: (1760m/5770 ft): 6 hours
From Bamboo, you will head for a steep ascent to the Kuldi Ghar and then to Sinuwa following the stone steps that lead to Lower Chhomrong. Then, you ascend on the thousand stone steps taking you to Upper Chhomrong. From Chhomrong, you descend to Jhinu Danda. Today you will have an opportunity to enjoy hot springs just 15-min walk from Jhinu Danda. Overnight in Jhinu Dada.
DAY 13: Jhinu Dada to Naya Pul to Pokhara: (6 hours trek, 1 hour drive)
In the beginning, your trek from Jhinu Danda to New bridge and then to Kyumi village. Your lunch will prepare you for your trek to Syauli Bazaar and then down to Birethanti. Further, after about an hour's trek from Birethanti, you will be at Naya Pul. The trek ends at Naya Pul from there, you can take a van and reach Pokhara within an hour. You will visit Sarangkot (1592m high) for sunset view and rest at Sarangkot hotel.
Day 14: Sarangkot sunrise view and Pokhara sightseeing:
Early morning you wake up for the sunrise view from Sarangkot. You can explore the natural beauties of Pokhara valley along the sightseeing. Visit Vindya Vasini Temple, Mahendra cave, Seti George, boating on few lakes, panoramic views etc. you get back to hotel and rest.
Day 15: Pokhara to Kathmandu:
You will be returning Kathmandu by a tourist bus, Upon arrival in Kathmandu; you will be escorted to your hotel. If you get a day leisurely you catch up on some last minute shopping or explore any landmarks you missed during your first day in Kathmandu. You can either visit Great Nepal’s office in Thamel or take rest at our hotel room. Late evening, a welcome dinner will be served in a Traditional Nepali Restaurant where you will be able to enjoy authentic cuisine with a brief cultural program as a celebration dinner together. Overnight in Kathmandu.
DAY 16: Final Departure:
Something you really wish didn’t come, the end of your marvelous journey. Obviously, having yourself attached to this beautiful country, saying goodbye will be painful. You will be chauffeured to the airport and then make your final departure home.
Note: The trekking guide and porters provide to you are professionals, Great Nepal team assure you this fact. For the expeditions, tested and certified equipment are advisable to use to avoid any possible accidents or mishaps on your own. We will respond to any of your query, if you require any assistance or information you can feel free to contact us from our network.
- All arrival and departure transfer services to and from Airport both Domestic and International with ( A/C or non A/C Vehicles) as per itinerary.
- Assistance at the International airport by Great Nepal's representative while arriving and departing.
- 3 Nights accommodations hotels in Kathmandu on B/B plan basis with twin sharing.
- 2 Nights accommodation in Pokhara with BB plan on twin sharing basis.
- Necessary staffs including experienced guides and porters during the trekking.
- All trekking and camping equipments like camp furniture, kitchenware, dining tents, guest tents, etc.
- One day sightseeing in Kathmandu (Swoyombhunath, Pashupatinath, Bouddhnath and Durbar Square).
- Local English-speaking Tour Guide for sightseeing in Kathmandu.
- 3 meals a day (Breakfasts, Lunch and Dinners with tea or coffee) along with available accommodation at Hotel/ Lodge/ Guest Houses or tents for members and staffs during trek and climbing in twin sharing basis.
- Per person 20kg baggage allowance during trekking-up carrying by porter or Yak and 20kg baggage allowance while returning from Base Camp after climbing the Mountain.
- Trekking Permit (National Park entry fee)and TIMS card (Trekking Information Management System).
- Nepalese Government Royalty;
- One Experienced, Trained, Government Licensed Guide (Sherpa) per client.
- All wages, equipments, medical and accidental Insurances for all involved staffs in trekking and expedition.
- First Aid medical kits for the Group and the staffs.
- Satellite phone carrying by Guide for communication also available for members
- Appropriate food for high altitude and all trekking crew at base camp and above as required.
- Required fixed and dynamic rope during trekking period.
- Emergency Oxygen mask and regulator provided on requirement of guest with appropriate charge
- We provide Sherpa's tents, food for climbing, and insurance
- High altitude food for member and Sherpa including drinks and cooking crew
- Free assistance service for Cargo clearance and Duties.
- Our service charge and Government Taxes levied in Nepal.
- Complete pre-departure information, flight ticket reconfirmation and visa extension procedure services (if necessary)
- Farewell Dinner in a typical Nepali restaurant with domestic culture show in Kathmandu before departure
- Any packed food/snacks, aerated drinks, energy drinks, mineral water, alcohol, cigarettes, chocolates, nutria-bars or any other food consumed beyond the prescribed breakfast, lunch and dinner, etc.
- Items of personal nature, Laundry Expenses, Tips.
- Expenses incurred towards usage of landlines, mobiles, walkie-talkies or satellite phone And Internet expenses
- Clothing, Packing Items or Bags, Personal Medical Kit, Camera/Video Fees or Trekking Gears
- Any extra expenses arising out of various/unforeseen situations like natural calamities, landslides, political disturbances, strikes, changes in Government regulations, etc that is beyond our control.
- Transportation is not on disposal basis. It is strictly as per the itinerary. Any extra distance travelled will be charged extra.
- Any additional staff other than specified.
- Rescue, Repatriation, Medicines, Medical Tests and Hospitalization expenses.
- Medical Insurance and emergency rescue evacuation if required.
- Travel Insurance and helicopter rescue.
- Walkie-talkies & Filming permit (if special camera).
- Personal climbing gears;
- Nepal custom duty for import of expedition goods.
- Tips, gifts, souvenirs.
- Any other item not included in cost includes section
- Airfare of international flights.
- Nepal entry visa fee
- Any extra services or products or offers or activities which are not mentioned in the itinerary
We will be staying hotel of your request in Kathmandu and Pokhara, tea houses during the trek. All accommodations are on twin-shared basis. Single supplement will be served on request and will cost addition. Wer will arrange rooms with attached washrooms; however, teahouses in some places only have shared washing and toilet facilities.Also note that single rooms are readily available in Kathmandu and the trekking regions at lower elevation but it might be difficult to find them at higher elevations.
During our Annapurna Base Camp Trek, we can enjoy authentic Nepalese food as well the more common international cuisine (Tibetan, Continental, Italian, Indian, etc.). Breakfast and dinner will be served from the tea-houses or from a lodge menu where we spend the night whereas lunch will be served on the way to the next destination. All meals will be provided during trekking while only breakfast will be available while in Kathmandu and Pokhara. There will also be welcome and farewell dinners for guests.
Our website contains as much information as possible about this trip. However, if you wish to discuss any aspect of this trip or your suitability for it please e-mail us or If you want to talk to us directly feel free to call us at: +977-01-4001116 (O) or +9779851136111 Cell
No departure dates found for please choose different option
smoothly arranged from top to bottom
I was in Nepal for 1 month holiday with my friends & i stayed in Thamel,Kathmandu.The one month holiday was absolutely memorable & the most memorable time was when me & my friends experienced the Annapurna Base Camp Trek which was smoothly arranged from top to bottom by our travel agency from Thamel named Great Nepal Treks & Expeditions ,so i am posting this on behalf of our group & would like to thank our travel agency for our arrangements. Do visit Nepal for happy moments.