Everest Panorama Trek
- Cost Include/Exclude
- Other info
Duration: 10 Days
Starting Point: Kathmandu
End Point: Kathmandu
Departure : Upon request
Mode of Travel : Fly in/Out
Max. Altitude : 3860M
Everest Panorama Trek takes one up until the altitude of 3800 meters, near the Tengboche monastery. Everest panorama Trek is a short trek but you will get to view the world’s highest peaks, including Everest, Lhotse, Thamserku, Ama Dablam and other many peaks. Everest Panorama Trek starts from a flight to Lukla from Kathmandu. Lukla Airport is one of the most dangerous airports in the world and with word dangerous there comes adventure and you wil find it during on your Everest Panorama Trek Trail. And hence the mountain flight itself can be quite adventurous. From Lukla, we trek up to Namche Bazaar, Tengboche monastery and finally to the village of Khumjung, a small village in the Khumbhu region inhabited by the Sherpas. Khumjung allows great panoramic view of the snow-covered mountains. This short Everest Panorama Trek is suitable for those trekkers who do not have enough time for other longer treks into the higher mountains.
Day 01: You arrive at the Tribhuwan International Airport (TIA), Kathmandu (welcome dinner)
Day 02: You fly to Lukla and trek until Phakding (2610m)
Day 03: You trek to Namche Bazaar (3440m) 6 hrs
Day 04: Rest day for you in Namche for acclimatization
Day 05: You trek to Tengboche (3860m)
Day 06: You trek to Namche Bazaar (3440m)
Day 07: You trek to Lukla
Day 08 : You Fly back to Kathmandu from Lukla
Day 09: You perform sightseeing in Kathmandu
Day 10: You depart from TIA, Farewell!
(We encourage you to extend your views in case if you want to change the itinerary)
Day 01: Arrival at the Tribhuwan International Airport (TIA), Kathmandu
Great Nepal Representative welcomes you at the Tribhuwan International Airport (TIA) and you will be transfer to the Hotel. Great Nepal Representative will explain briefly about the travel itinerary upon Airport arrival. Overnight stay at hotel.
Day 02: Fly to Lukla and trek until Phakding (2610m)
On the second morning, you will board a flight to the Lukla Airport, also commonly known as Tenzing-Hillary Airport. After a wonderful mountain flight. In less than 30 minutes, you will reach be at Lukla. After landing at Lukla, you will take light breakfast and embark on the trek. In around 3 hours, you will reach Phakding village where you will be staying overnight at a guesthouse.
Day 03: Trek to Namche Bazaar (3440m) 6 hrs
On the third morning, the trail along the Dudh Kosi River while ascending through Himalayan Pine and Deodar Cedar forests to the ultimate destination, Namche Bazaar. The village of Namche has remained a historic trading point for Nepalese and Tibetan traders who exchange salt, dried meat and other consumable and textile items. Overnight stay at a guesthouse in Namche.
Day 04: Rest day in Namche for acclimatization
The fourth day of the trek will be spent in Namche itself for acclimatization purpose. As the altitude will now increase significantly, a day for acclimatization is paramount and strictly advisable for prospective trekkers. One can spend the day in Lukla visiting the local Bazaar of Namche or visiting the nearby Sherpa villages. If you are not much tired and are ready for a few hours of trek, then you can go to Everest Hotel for great panoramic views of Mount Everest, Mount Lhotse and others. Located at an altitude of 3900m, Everest Hotel is the hotel that is situated at the highest altitude in the world. Overnight stay at a guesthouse.
Day 05: Trek to Tengboche (3860m) 5 hrs
On the fifth day of the trek, you will resume your trek from Namche Bazaar. Almost 4-5 hours of trek from Namche will take you to Tengboche which is quite popular for the Buddhist monastery. Tengboche is a small traditional Sherpa village in the Khumbhu region from where panoramic view of Mount Everest, world’s tallest peak, and other Mountain peaks including Mount Lhotse, Mount Nuptse are visible. The view of these mountains is quite incredible from Tengboche and hence the trek is also popularly referred to as Everest Panorama Trek.
Day 06: Trek to Namche 7 hrs
Journery back to Namche is quite easy and comfortable as it traverses through several Sherpa settlement areas and villages. Overnight stay at a guesthouse in Namche.
Day 07: Trek to Lukla 7 hrs
The trek continues further downhill as we reach Lukla after almost seven hours of trek. You will be staying in Lukla for the rest of the day and prepare yourself to board a flight back to Kathmandu the next day.
Day 08: Fly back to Kathmandu
On the eighth day of the tour package, you will board a flight back to Kathmandu while enjoying the 30-minutes of exhilarating mountain flight. The rest of the time in Kathmandu, you will be shopping and buying souvenirs to your loved ones. Overnight stay at a hotel in Kathmandu.
Day 09: Sightseeing in Kathmandu
On the penultimate day of the tour, you will be sightseeing around the Kathmandu Valley and also shopping around the places like Thamel, New Road, Durbar Marg, etc. in the Capital city. There are plenty of world heritage sites and temples in Kathmandu that will occupy the tourists for the day. You could also buy some mementos for your loved ones from Kathmandu as a token of love from the land of gods and temples. Overnight stay at a hotel.
Day 10: Departure at TIA, Farewell!
The tour concludes on the 10th day when you will board a flight back to your home country from the TIA, Kathmandu.
- All arrival and departure transfer services to and from Airport both Domestic and International with ( A/C or non A/C Vehicles) as per itinerary.
- Assistance at the International airport by Great Nepal's representative while arriving and departing.
- 2 Nights accommodations hotels in Kathmandu on B/B plan basis with twin sharing.
- Local English-speaking Tour Guide for sightseeing in Kathmandu (if any).
- Necessary staffs including experienced guides and porters during the trekking.
- All trekking and camping equipments like camp furniture, kitchenware, dining tents, guest tents, etc.
- 3 meals a day (Breakfasts, Lunch and Dinners with tea or coffee) along with available accommodation at Hotel/ Lodge/ Guest Houses or tents for members and staffs during trek in twin sharing basis.
- Per person 20kg baggage allowance during trekking-up carrying by porter or Yak and 20kg baggage allowance while returning from Base Camp.
- Trekking Permit (National Park entry fee)and TIMS card (Trekking Information Management System).
- Nepalese Government Royalty.
- One Experienced, Trained, Government Licensed,Guide (Sherpa) per client.
- All wages, equipments, medical and accidental Insurances for all involved staffs in trekking and expedition.
- First Aid medical kits for the Group and the staffs.
- Satellite phone carrying by Guide for communication also available for members
- Appropriate food for high altitude and all trekking crew at base camp and above as required.
- Required fixed and dynamic rope during trekking period.
- Emergency Oxygen mask and regulator provided on requirement of guest with appropriate charge
- We provide Sherpa's tents, food for climbing, and insurance
- high altitude food for member and sherpa including drinks and cooking crew
- Free assistance service for Cargo clearance and Duties.
- Our service charge and Government Taxes levied in Nepal.
- Complete per-departure information, flight ticket reconfirmation and visa extension procedure services (if necessary)
- Farewell Dinner in a typical Nepali restaurant with domestic culture show in Kathmandu before departure
- Lunch and Dinner during your stay in Kathmandu (except for the farewell dinner)
- Any packed food/snacks, aerated drinks, energy drinks, mineral water, alcohol, cigarettes, chocolates, nutria-bars or any other food consumed beyond the prescribed breakfast, lunch and dinner, etc.
- Items of personal nature, Laundry Expenses, Tips.
- Expenses incurred towards usage of landlines, mobiles, walkies-talkies or satellite phone And Internet expenses
- Clothing, Packing Items or Bags, Personal Medical Kit, Camera/Video Fees or Trekking Gears
- Any extra expenses arising out of various/unforeseen situations like natural calamities, landslides, political disturbances, strikes, changes in Government regulations, etc that is beyond our control.
- Transportation is not on disposal basis. It is strictly as per the itinerary. Any extra distance traveled will be charged extra.
- Any additional staff other than specified.
- Rescue, Repatriation, Medicines, Medical Tests and Hospitalization expenses.
- Medical Insurance and emergency rescue evacuation if required.
- Travel Insurance and helicopter rescue.
- Wallie-talkies & Filming permit (if special camera).
- Personal climbing gears;
- Nepal custom duty for import of expedition goods.
- Tips, gifts, souvenirs.
- Any other item not included in cost includes section
- Airfare of international flights.
- Nepal entry visa fee
- Any extra services or products or offers or activities which are not mentioned in the itinerary
Autumn (Sept to November) and Spring (March to May) are the best seasons for the Everest Trek. The weather is sunny and warm with outstanding views. Trekking in Summer or Monsoon(June, July, August) will be affected by rain but Summer trek could be a boon for a keen botanist.
The Trekking Group
For the Everest adventure trek, there will be one leader, assistant leader (4 trekkers:1 assistant guide) and Sherpa porters for luggage carrying (2 trekkers:1 porter). This arrangement ensures that any body in the group is sick, the trip can still go ahead as planned. Himalayan Glaciers can run the Everest Base Camp trek for group of any size. But generally it will be better to have a maximum of twelve people, as we have found this to be the optimum size for a successful trip. However, if you would like to make a group booking for more than twelve people together, we can arrange this too.
No departure dates found for please choose different option