Gokyo Lake & Renjo Pass Trek
- Cost Include/Exclude
- Other info
Duration: 14 Days
Starting Point: Kathmandu
End Point: Kathmandu
Departure : Upon request
Mode of Travel : Fly in/Out
Max. Altitude : 5357M
Gokyo Lake Trek is one of the most fascinating and beautiful trekking routes in Nepal which offers a panoramic view of the Himalaya Mountain Range including the world’s tallest peak Mount Everest. Gokyo Lake Trek begins with it the opportunity to explore the beautiful Gokyo Lake, the Gokyo Valley, stunning view of the Gokyo peak and Ngozumpa glacier, the largest glacier of Nepal. Moreover, the trek also provides the opportunity to see the diverse flora and fauna around the Everest region and also learn about the rich Sherpa culture. While Everest Base Camp trekking route is crowded throughout the year, Gokyo Valley Trek can be a lot quieter and equally adventurous.
It begins from Kathmandu when you board a flight to Lukla or the Tenzing-Hillary Airport. Flight to Lukla itself can be no less than an adventure as the air strip in Lukla Airport is one of the most treacherous airports in the world.
Day 01: Arrival at the Tribhuvan International Airport, Kathmandu.
Day 02: Trek preparation and sightseeing in Kathmandu.
Day 03: Fly to Lukla and trek until Phakding (2610m)
Day 04: Phakding to Namche Bazaar (3440m)
Day 05: Rest day in Namche for acclimatization (3440m)
Day 06: Namche Bazaar to Tangboche (3860m)
Day 07: Tangboche to Dole (4040m) to Machhermo (4480m)
Day 08: Dole to Machhermo (4480m)
Day 09: Machhermo to Gokyo Lake (4750m).
Day 10: Hike to Gokyo Ri (5483m) and trek back to Gokyo Lake (4750m).
Day 11: Gokyo Lake-Renjo Pass ( 5345m) - Lumde (4380m)
Day 12: Lumde to Thame (3800m)
Day 13: Thame to Namche Bazaar (3440m)
Day 14: Namche Bazaar to Lukla (2840m) .
Day 15: Lukla to Kathmandu
Day 16: Departure from TIA, Farewell!
(We encourage you to extend your views in case if you want to change the itinerary)
Day 01: Arrival at the Tribhuvan International Airport (TIA), Kathmandu
Our Great Nepal Representative will welcome you at the Airport. You will be transferred to the Hotel. Great Nepal representatives will explain briefly about your itinerary. Overnight stay at hotel.
Day 02: Trek preparation and sightseeing in Kathmandu
Upon arrival at the Kathmandu, you will be preparing for the trek while enjoying sightseeing around Kathmandu Valley. Several world heritage sites including the Basantapur Durbar, Swayambhunath Temple, Bouddhanath Stupa and Pasupatinath Temple are the places you will visit on the second day. Overnight stay at a hotel.
Day 03: Fly to Lukla and trek until Phakding (2610m)
On the third morning, you will board a flight to Lukla Airport, also commonly known as Tenzing-Hillary Airport. It is a wonderful mountain flight and the flight itself can be no less than an adventure as the airport is enlisted as the most dangerous airport in the world, given the location, altitude and topography. In less than 30 minutes, you will reach Lukla while enjoying the breathtaking views of the mountains during the flight. After landing at Lukla, you can take light breakfast and embark on your trek. In around 3 hours, you will reach Phakding village where you will be staying overnight at a guesthouse.
Day 04: Trek to Namche Bazaar (3440m) 6 hrs
On the fourth morning, our trek and follow the trail along the Dudh Kosi River while ascending through Himalayan Pine and Doedar Cedar forests to the ultimate destination, that of popular village of Namche Bazaar. The village of Namche has remained a historic trading point for the Nepalese and Tibetan traders who exchange salt, dried meat and other consumable and textile items. Overnight stay at a guesthouse in Namche Bazzar.
Day 05: A day of rest in Namche for acclimatization
The fifth day of the trek will be spent in Namche Bazaar for acclimatization purpose. As the altitude will now increase quite steeply, a day for acclimatization is paramount and strictly advisable for prospective trekkers. One can spend the day in Lukla visiting the local Bazaar of Namche or visiting the nearby Sherpa village. Or if you are not much tired and are ready for a few hours of trek, then you can go to the Everest Hotel for great panoramic view of the Mount Everest, Mount Lhotse and others. Located at an altitude of 3900m. Everest Hotel is the hotel that is situated at the highest altitude in the world. Overnight stay at a guesthouse.
Day 06: Namche to Tangboche (3860m)
After a day of acclimatization in Namche, you resume your trek and climb further uphill. The trek now gets difficult with increasing altitude and the trekkers are advised to go about the trek in a slow and mild manner. Plenty of hotels are found along the way and the tourists will have the opportunity to take a short break if they want. After almost five hours of trek we reach Tengboche. It is a village in the Khumbu region of Everest and is located at 3,867 metres. Tengboche is mostly popular for the important Buddhist monastery, Tengboche Monastery, which happens to be the largest gompa in the entire Khumbu region. Overnight stay at a guesthouse.
Day 07: Tenboche to Dole (4190m) 5 hrs
After acclimatizing for a day in Namche. The trail is easy initially as you cross valleys along the rhododendron, juniper and large coniferous forests. During spring the forests are great to see as that is the time when rhododendrons bloom and the fragrance lingers on your nose for many days.You can also see Sherpas bringing their herds of Yaks for grazing on the green pastures. After almost five hours of trek, you reach at Dole, the destination for the sixth day. Overnight stay at a guesthouse.
Day 08: Dole to Machhermo (4470m) 5 hrs
The trail now steadily becomes difficult as the trekkers will have to negotiate thick forests, the increasing altitude and the lack of settlement areas. The trail continues to climb up along the side of the valley until it reaches Machhermo, a small and beautiful village in the Khumbhu region. Sherpas believe that the region of Machhermo is the home for Yeti, mythical snow man. Overnight stay at a guesthouse.
Day 09: Machhermo to Gokyo Lake (4790m) 4 hrs
On the eighth day, you will climb just around 300 meters and reach Gokyo Valley, the destination of our trek. Gokyo is a small settlement area on the base of Gokyo peak. Ngozumpa glacier, the largest glacier in the Himalayas, lies in Gokyo. Fiver mountain peaks more than 8000 meters of altitude—Mount Everest, Cho Oyu, Makalu, Kanchenjunga and Lhotse—are visible from Gokyo. Overnight stay at a guesthouse.
Day 10: Hike to Gokyo Ri (5357m) and trek back to Gokyo Lake (4790m) 5hrs
The next day you further trek to Gokyo Ri or the Gokyo Peak. Gokyo Ri is a mountain peak in the Khumbu region of Everest. It’s altitude is 5357 meters. Gokyo Ri is mostly popular for the panoramic views of several mountain summits in the Khumbu region including the Mount Everest. After observing the fascinating view from the Gokyo Ri, you descend back to Gokyo Lake. Overnight stay at guesthouse .
Day 11: Gokyo Lake-Renjo Pass ( 5345m) - Lumde (4380m) 6hrs
Today you trek down for 6-7 hours through the way of Renjo Pass (5345m) and continue trekking all the way to Lumde village (4380m). Rest overnight at Lumde village.
Day 12: Lumde to Thame (3800m) 6 hrs
The trek continues further downhill as you reach Thame after almost seven hours of trek. You will be staying in Thame for the rest of the day. and prepare yourself to board a flight back to Kathmandu the next day.
Day 13: Thame to Namche Bazaar (3440m)
Journery back to Namche is quite easy and comfortable as it traverses through several Sherpa settlement areas and villages. Overnight stay at a guesthouse in Namche Bazzar. (3440m).
Day 14: Namche Bazaar to Lukla (2840m)
The trek continues further downhill as you reach Lukla after almost seven hours of trek. You will be staying in Lukla for the rest of the day and prepare yourself to board a flight back to Kathmandu the next day.
Day 15: Lukla to Kathmandu
Today board a flight back to Kathmandu while enjoining the 30-minutes of exhilarating mountain flight. The rest of the time in Kathmandu, you will be shopping and buying souvenirs to your loved ones. Overnight stay at a hotel in Kathmandu.On the penultimate day of the tour, you will be sightseeing around the Kathmandu Valley and also shopping around the places like Thamel, New Road, Durbar Marg, etc. in the Capital city. There are plenty of world heritage sites and temples in Kathmandu that will occupy the tourists for the day. You could also buy some mementos to your loved ones from Kathmandu as a token of love from the land of gods and temples. Overnight stay at a hotel.
Day 16: Departure to TIA, “Farewell"
The cozy morning will sadly wake up you. Your journey in Nepal comes to an end today! Our representative will escort you to the airport approximately 3 hours before your scheduled flight. On your way to home, you have plenty of time to plan for your next adventure tour in the wonderful Himalayan country. There will be a heart touching relationship between you and our company during this journey. We will be missing you and praying for your safe departure to home.
"The trekking guide and porters we provide are professionals and local peoples, Great Nepal team assures you of this fact. For the expeditions, tested and certified equipment are advisable to use to avoid any possible accidents or mishaps on your own. We will respond to any of your query, if you require any assistance or information you can feel free to contact us from our network."
- All arrival and departure transfer services to and from Airport both Domestic and International with ( A/C or non A/C Vehicles) as per itinerary.
- Assistance at the International airport by Great Nepal's representative while arriving and departing.
- 2 Nights accommodations hotels in Kathmandu on B/B plan basis with twin sharing.
- Local English-speaking Tour Guide for sightseeing in Kathmandu (if any).
- Necessary staffs including experienced guides and porters during the trekking.
- All trekking and camping equipments like camp furniture, kitchenware, dining tents, guest tents, etc.
- 3 meals a day (Breakfasts, Lunch and Dinners with tea or coffee) along with available accommodation at Hotel/ Lodge/ Guest Houses or tents for members and staffs during trek and climbing in twin sharing basis.
- Per person 20 kg baggage allowance during trekking-up carrying by porter or Yak and 20kg baggage allowance while returning from Base Camp after climbing the Mountain.
- Trekking Permit (National Park entry fee)and TIMS card (Trekking Information Management System).
- Nepalese Government Royalty;
- One Experienced, Trained, Government Licensed,Guide (Sherpa) per client.
- All wages, equipments, medical and accidental Insurances for all involved staffs in trekking and expedition.
- First Aid medical kits for the Group and the staffs.
- Satellite phone carrying by Guide for communication also available for members
- Appropriate food for high altitude and all trekking crew at base camp and above as required.
- Required fixed and dynamic rope during trekking period.
- Emergency Oxygen mask and regulator provided on requirement of guest with appropriate char.
- We provide Sherpa's tents, food for climbing, and insurance
- High altitude food for member and Sherpa including drinks and cooking crew
- Free assistance service for Cargo clearance and Duties.
- Our service charge and Government Taxes levied in Nepal.
- Complete per-departure information, flight ticket reconfirmation and visa extension procedure services (if necessary)
- Farewell Dinner in a typical Nepali restaurant with domestic culture show in Kathmandu before departure
- Lunch and Dinner during your stay in Kathmandu (except for the farewell dinner)
- Any packed food/snacks, aerated drinks, energy drinks, mineral water, alcohol, cigarettes, chocolates, nutria-bars or any other food consumed beyond the prescribed breakfast, lunch and dinner, etc.
- Items of personal nature, Laundry Expenses, Tips.
- Expenses incurred towards usage of landlines, mobiles, walkies-talkies or satellite phone And Internet expenses
- Clothing, Packing Items or Bags, Personal Medical Kit, Camera/Video Fees or Trekking Gears
- Any extra expenses arising out of various/unforeseen situations like natural calamities, landslides, political disturbances, strikes, changes in Government regulations, etc that is beyond our control.
- Transportation is not on disposal basis. It is strictly as per the itinerary. Any extra distance traveled will be charged extra.
- Any additional staff other than specified.
- Rescue, Repatriation, Medicines, Medical Tests and Hospitalization expenses.
- Medical Insurance and emergency rescue evacuation if required.
- Travel Insurance and helicopter rescue.
- Walkie-talkies & Filming permit (if special camera).
- Personal climbing gears;
- Nepal custom duty for import of expedition goods.
- Tips, gifts, souvenirs.
- Any other item not included in cost includes section
- Airfare of international flights.
- Nepal entry visa fee
- Any extra services or products or offers or activities which are not mentioned in the itinerary
The Trekking Group
There will be one leader, assistant leader (4 trekkers:1 assistant guide) and Sherpa porters for luggage carrying (2 trekkers:1 porter). This arrangement ensures that any body in the group is sick, the trip can still go ahead as planned. GNTT can run the Gokyo trek for group of any size. But generally it will be better to have a maximum of twelve people, as we have found this to be the optimum size for a successful trip. However, if we would like to make a group booking for more than twelve people together, we can arrange this too.
During our Gokyo Lakes and Gokyo Ri Trek, we can enjoy typical Nepali food, different ethnic cuisines as well as all types of international cuisine (Tibetan, Continental, Italian, and Indian.) from pizza and Chips to apple pie. We can even enjoy hot chocolates, variety of breads, variety of drinks, and snacks. Breakfast of a day will be served from the tea house or lodge menu where we spent the night. Lunch will be served on the way to destination and dinner and breakfast will be served at the tea house where you spend the night. A welcome dinner, a farewell dinner and breakfasts will be served during our stay in Kathmandu.
No departure dates found for please choose different option