Honey Hunting Tour in Nepal
- Cost includes / excludes
Honey Hunting Tour in Nepal is one of the wonderful tours that take you to the Himalayan foothill of the Central Nepal. These hunts are made twice a year. The difficult cliffs in the foothills of central Himalaya zone locate the world's largest honey bee colony. The honeybees had been residing there from generation to generation. This tour introduces you with these community people who practice honey hunting with the rituals. Honey hunting takes place in the village of Ghan Pokhari and Ghale Gaun which are beautiful traditional villages
Great Nepal Travels and Tours Pvt. Ltd is one of those agencies in Nepal which gives you the ultimate experience of honey hunting. These days International Center for Integrated Mountain Development (ICIMOD) in Kathmandu runs a program called Himalayan Honey bees project actively working for the sustainable management of the honey haunting to ensure that the species can easily survive. Join us to make this experience worthwhile.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu. Transfer to Hotel.
Day 02: Sightseeing in Kathmandu valley. We explore the Pashupatinath Temple, Bouddhanath Stupa, Swoyambhunath Stupa (Monkey Temple) and Patan Durbar square etc which are enlisted in UNESCO world heritage sites.
Day 03: Drive to Khudi, (6 hrs).
Drive along the prithivi highway across beautiful villages, colorful peoples, landscapes, all the we drive along the River Valley.
Day 04: Trek to Ghalagaun (6-7hrs trek).
Ascend all the way to Ghalagaun, The trail passes through the beautiful forest, you may get chances to see some of the wildlife's. This area holds a tremendous potentiality for bird watching. It really can be a birdwatcher's paradise.
Day 05: Observe honey hunting in Ghanpokhari and Ghalegaun.
This place provides you with stunning views of numerous Mountains, This place itself is located at beautiful mountain with Gurung community wher you are offered to observe their culture & traditions.
Day 06:Trek to Pasgaun, (6-7 hrs trek).
Today your trail descend to Bhujung and followed by ascend to Passgaun. It will comparatively be counted one of the hard trek today.
Day 07:Trek to Nanngdidhar. (5-6hrs).
Thoroughly ascends gently through jungles, beautiful waterfalls and the chirpings of the birds. Again after few hours will be time to descend steep downwards. The intense heat, humidity and the direct sunlight striking can really be unbearable.
Day 08: Trek to Thumsikot and Drive to Pokhara
Trail descends about 1150 Meters & drives approximately 3 hrs by jeep through unpaved Road to Pokhara. O/N Hotel in Pokhara
Day 09: Pokhara Sightseeing
Visit Sarangkot 1592m above sea level to enjoy the stunning view of sunrise. Back to hotel for breakfast, take some rest then go for boating in Fewa Lake, visit Barahi temple, mountain Museum, Mahendra cave, Bat’s cave. O/N Pokhara
Day 10: Back to Kathmandu. (Fly or Drive)
Today, you fly back to Kathmandu after your long mountain journey. The early morning flight drops us in Kathmandu or alternatively you can use surface transport. You can rest and relax throughout the day at hotel. If you get interested to take some gifts home from Nepal for friends and relatives, you can visit to some nearby shops or venture out in Thamel for typical Nepalese goods.
Day 11: Final Departure
Our journey in Nepal comes to an end today. The Great Nepal representative will escort you to the airport approximately 3 hours before your scheduled flight or to the stop where your next destination begins.
Cost includes / excludes
- All arrival and departure transfer services to and from Airport both Domestic and International with ( A/C or non A/C Vehicles) as per itinerary.
- Assistance at the International airport by Great Nepal's representative while arriving and departing.
- All accommodation with BB plan on twin sharing basis.
- Necessary staffs including experienced guides and porters during the trekking.
- All trekking equipments
- 3 meals a day (Breakfasts, Lunch and Dinners with tea or coffee) along with available accommodation at Hotel/ Lodge/ Guest Houses or tents for members and staffs during trek and climbing in twin sharing basis.
- Trekking Permit
- All wages, equipments, medical and accidental Insurances for all involved staffs in trekking and expedition.
- First Aid medical kits for the Group and the staffs.
- Our service charge and Government Taxes levied in Nepal.
- Complete pre-departure information, flight ticket reconfirmation and visa extension procedure services (if necessary)
- Farewell Dinner in a typical Nepali restaurant with domestic culture show in Kathmandu before departure
- Any packed food/snacks, aerated drinks, energy drinks, mineral water, alcohol, cigarettes, chocolates, nutria-bars or any other food consumed beyond the prescribed breakfast, lunch and dinner, etc.
- Items of personal nature, Laundry Expenses, Tips.
- Expenses incurred towards usage of landlines, mobiles, walkie-talkies or satellite phone And Internet expenses
- Clothing, Packing Items or Bags, Personal Medical Kit, Camera/Video Fees or Trekking Gears
- Any extra expenses arising out of various/unforeseen situations like natural calamities, landslides, political disturbances, strikes, changes in Government regulations, etc that is beyond our control.
- Transportation is not on disposal basis. It is strictly as per the itinerary. Any extra distance travelled will be charged extra.
- Any additional staff other than specified.
- Rescue, Repatriation, Medicines, Medical Tests and Hospitalization expenses.
- Medical Insurance and emergency rescue evacuation if required.
- Tips, gifts, souvenirs.
- Any other item not included in cost includes section
- Airfare of international flights.
- Nepal entry visa fee
- Any extra services or products or offers or activities which are not mentioned in the itinerary