Nepal Visa Information
It is just easy to attain your Nepalese Visa on arrival in entry place. So, make the process easier by downloading & completing the application form, having the correct USD cash and two passport photographs. You will need additional two PP-sized photographs for trekking permits and TIMS card.
Nationals of SAARC countries and China do not need visa when visiting Nepal. As per this rule, Indian nationals do not require visa. However, effective from October 2000, Indians traveling to Nepal by air have to show upon arrival at entry point a valid photo entity like a passport, voter’s identity or an identity card issued by the Indian Government. Temporary identity Card with photographs issued by Nepal-based Indian diplomatic missions is considered in case of exception. Children under 10 years need not show any identification.
Other non-Nepali visitors do not need visa to be in Nepal for three days. Visa must be obtained for staying over the initial period of three days. Free visa is to be given to tourists for re-entry to Nepal provided they stay at least 15 days in the country in that visa year.
- Tourist entry visa can be obtained for the following duration from Nepal Embassy/ Consulate or Mission offices abroad, or at the following Immigration offices in Nepal:
- Tribhuvan International Airport, Kathmandu
- Kakarvitta, Jhapa (Eastern Nepal)
- Birganj, Parsa (Central Nepal)
- Kodari, Sindhupalchowk (Northern Border)
- Belhiya, Bhairahawa (Rupandehi, Western Nepal)
- Jamuna, Nepalgunj (Banke, Mid-Western Nepal)
- Mohana, Dhangadhi (Kailali, Far-Western Nepal)
- Gaddachauki, Mahendranagar (Kanchanpur, Far-Western Nepal)
b) Tourist Visa
Visa Facility Duration Fee
- Multiple Entry 15 days US$ 25 or equivalent Nepali Currency
- Multiple Entry 30 days US$ 40 or equivalent Nepali Currency
- Multiple Entry 90 days US$ 100 or equivalent Nepali Currency
c) Tourist Visa Extension
- Visa extension fee for 15 days or less is US$ 30 or equivalent Nepali currency and visa extension for more than 15 days is US$ 2 per day
- Tourist visa can be extended for a maximum period of 150 days in a single visa year (January-December)
d) Gratis (Free) Visa
- Gratis visa for 30 days available for tourists for SAARC countries.
- Indian nationals do not require visa to enter into Nepal
e) Transit Visa
Transit Visa for one day can be obtained from Nepal’s immigration offices at the entry points upon the production of departure flight ticket via Tribhuvan International Airport in Nepal by paying US$ 5 or equivalent Nepali currency.
(For further information, please, contact Department of Immigration, Maitighar, Impact Building, Kathmandu, and website: www.immi.gov.np )