Pokhara Hill Trek (9 Days Royal Trek)
- Cost includes / excludes
- Other info
Pokhara Hill Trek- Royal Trek is an interesting and relatively easy trek through pretty mountain villages, full of bright rhododendron and a variety of ethnic groups and their cultures. Moving your way up the terraced pass through villages of the Gurung and Chhetri people and emerge onto ridges to indulge in incredible views. The emphasis and high point of the trek is Poon Hill, as it offers the best bird’s eye-view of the high Himalayas in Nepal like Annapurna, Dhaulagiri and the thrilling Fish tail summit of Machhapuchhre. This is the region why Pokhara Hill Trek is one of the best trekking trails in Nepal which lies in Annapurna Himalayan Region. The attractive thing about Pokhara Hill Trek is you are gifted with more than 30 diverse White Mountain peaks; mathematically it comprises around 2,000 mountains. Another interesting thing about Pokhara Hill Trek is that when the weather is clear you can even see the entire Pokhara Valley from the top. For someone who has doubt about his/her stamina, Ghorepani trail can be the perfect starter or for those who has planned for short days treks but wants to explore many more things.
The main attraction of Pokhara Hill Trek is it comprises different people from different ethnic groups living together with mutual understanding. For those who want to capture the memories in the photographs, Pokhara Hill Trek might as well be the ultimate destination for they will be gifted with many photographic sites like Dhaulagiri range and Annapurna. You can either take a drive or flight from Pokhara. Its maximum altitude is 3,200 meters. For additional information you can obtain the best tea house designed in a cultural ways and you can take rest. You do not need to worry about the safe drinking water in Pokahra Hill Trek. So, from every perspective Pokhara Hill Trek is supposed to be the best trek for anyone as the trail is easy and you can even experience the walk in jungle.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu: (1300m/4264ft)
Welcome to Nepal, the Land of the Himalayas! You will be guided to the hotel by a Great Nepal representative once you arrive at the airport. You will have the rest of the day to do whatever you wish to do: get some sleep, stroll around or party hard. Well, do whatever that suits you. Later, you will participate in a gathering of other trekkers and guides and also be handed over the equipment necessary for the trek.
Day 02: Kathmandu to Pokhara (823m/2,700ft by bus 200 km / 6-7 hrs)
Early morning you will take a tourist bus. On your way to Pokhara you can enjoy the scenery of country side of Nepal that includes green hills, rivers, farms etc. along the way you find yourselves following a riverbank as one of your side will be a river and other will be green hills. Completing 200 km drive, you will arrive to Pokhara, the beautiful lake city, you are again greeted with great views of the Himalayas including Dhaulagiri, Manaslu, Machhapuchhre, the five peaks of Annapurna and many others. Over night in the lap of Phewa Lake.
Day 03: Pokhara to Tikhedhunga: (1577m)
The day starts with some breakfast and taking rest for some time, we drive to Naya Pul for an hour and start the trek. The day would be comparatively easy on hiking as we go only through the bank of Modi khola (river) and the beautiful sight of rice terrace. It would be more fun and we overnight at teahouse.
Day 04: Tikhedhunga to Ghorepani: (2855m. /6-7hrs walk)
The next day after the breakfast you begin the trekking in real sense. Start hiking through steep climb to Ulleri, ascending a steep stone staircase which has about 3300 steps. The first two hours would be challenging steep incline. Later, the path becomes semi-level or slightly uphill. But along the trial you will experience the fascinating views, rhododendron forest, flora and fauna and many more.
Day 05: Hiking to Poonhill - back to Ghorepani, and trek to Tadapani
The chilled and piercing windy morning pushes you towards the height of PoonHill. From here you will observe superb view of sunrise, and panoramic view of Himalayas, including Mt. Dhaulagiri, Annapurna South, Fishtail, and so on. After visiting Poonhill, you again decend back to Ghorepani, have a hot breakfast, and continue walking towards Tadapani. Overnight at Guest House.
Day 06: Trek to Ghandruk
The day starts with short downhill. Leaving Tadapani, you descend steeply through forests and then the trail eases as you approach Ghandruk (2000m), which is the village of Gurung people, one of the ethnic groups of Nepal, have their own dialect, typical culture, costume, and life style. This village is possibly the popular tourist destination that offers the beautiful mountain views and having easy connection with Pokhara or Kathmandu. Overnight at Tea house.
Day 07: Trek down to Birethanti - Nayapul - Pokhara.
Today you will begin your journey from Ghandruk offering easy walking all downhill to Nayapul, the trekking starting point. You then drive to Pokhara. Overnight at hotel.
Day 08: Pokhara to Kathmandu
Drive back to Kathmandu by tourist bus, Upon arrival in Kathmandu; you will be escorted to your hotel. If you get to enjoy a day leisurely you catch up on some last minute shopping or explore any landmarks you missed during your first day in Kathmandu. You can either visit Great Nepal’s office in Utterdhoka or take rest at our hotel room. In the evening, you can visit some more places in Kathmandu as far as possible then attend a farewell dinner together with live typical Nepali cultural performance. Overnight in Kathmandu.
Day 09: Final Departure
Something you really wish didn’t come, the end of your marvelous journey. Obviously, having you attached to this beautiful country, saying goodbye will be painful. You will be chauffeured to the airport and then make your departure.
Cost includes / excludes
- All arrival and departure transfer services to and from Airport both Domestic and International with ( A/C or non A/C Vehicles) as per itinerary.
- Assistance at the International airport by Great Nepal's representative while arriving and departing.
- 2 Nights accommodation in Pokhara and 2 more in Kathmandu, both with BB plan on twin sharing basis.
- Necessary staffs including experienced guides and porters during the trekking.
- All trekking and camping equipments like camp furniture, kitchenware, dining tents, guest tents, etc.
- 3 meals a day (Breakfasts, Lunch and Dinners with tea or coffee) along with available accommodation at Hotel/ Lodge/ Guest Houses or tents for members and staffs during trek in twin sharing basis.
- Trekking Permit (National Park entry fee) and TIMS card (Trekking Information Management System)
- All wages, equipments, medical and accidental Insurances for all involved staffs in trekking.
- First Aid medical kits for the Group and the staffs.
- Free assistance service for Cargo clearance and Duties.
- Our service charge and Government Taxes levied in Nepal.
- Complete pre-departure information, flight ticket reconfirmation and visa extension procedure services (if necessary)
- Farewell Dinner in a typical Nepali restaurant with domestic culture show in Kathmandu before departure
- Any packed food/snacks, aerated drinks, energy drinks, mineral water, alcohol, cigarettes, chocolates, nutria-bars or any other food consumed beyond the prescribed breakfast, lunch and dinner, etc.
- Items of personal nature, Laundry Expenses, Tips.
- Expenses incurred towards usage of landlines, mobiles, walkie-talkies or satellite phone And Internet expenses
- Clothing, Packing Items or Bags, Personal Medical Kit, Camera/Video Fees or Trekking Gears
- Any extra expenses arising out of various/unforeseen situations like natural calamities, landslides, political disturbances, strikes, changes in Government regulations, etc that is beyond our control.
- Transportation is not on disposal basis. It is strictly as per the itinerary. Any extra distance travelled will be charged extra.
- Any additional staff other than specified.
- Rescue, Repatriation, Medicines, Medical Tests and Hospitalization expenses.
- Medical Insurance and emergency rescue evacuation if required.
- Travel Insurance and helicopter rescue
- Nepal custom duty for import of expedition goods.
- Tips, gifts, souvenirs.
- Any other item not included in cost includes section
- Airfare of international flights.
- Nepal entry visa fee
- Any extra services or products or offers or activities which are not mentioned in the itinerary
We will be staying hotel of your request in Kathmandu and Pokhara, tea houses during the trek. All accommodations are on twin-shared basis. Single supplement will be served on request and will cost addition. Wer will arrange rooms with attached washrooms; however, teahouses in some places only have shared washing and toilet facilities.Also note that single rooms are readily available in Kathmandu and the trekking regions at lower elevation but it might be difficult to find them at higher elevations.
During our trek, we can enjoy authentic Nepalese food as well the more common international cuisine (Tibetan, Continental, Italian, Indian, etc.). Breakfast and dinner will be served from the tea-houses or from a lodge menu where we spend the night whereas lunch will be served on the way to the next destination. All meals will be provided during trekking while only breakfast will be available while in Kathmandu and Pokhara. There will also be welcome and farewell dinners for guests.
Our website contains as much information as possible about this trip. However, if you wish to discuss any aspect of this trip or your suitability for it please e-mail us or If you want to talk to us directly feel free to call us at: 00977-01-4252525