Rafting in Bhotekoshi River
- Cost Includes / excludes
Put In Point: Borderland Resort
Trek Grade: 4+
Group Size: 1 (Minimum)
Best Time: Jan-May, Oct-Dec
Tour Cost: USD 140.00 per person
The appropriate season for Rafting in Bhotekoshi River is Sep- Dec, Jan- May, Jun- Aug. It will be a good refreshment to raft in Bhotekhoshi River which takes only 3–4 hours drive from Kathmandu and the drive also is interesting as you will be gifted by the marvelous view of natural diversities on the way. It will be true to say that you are going to feel the journey ended within a blink of an eye as you will be too busy enjoying the view towards the Bhotekoshi. It is even suitable for those people who had never experienced rafting in their whole life. Rafting in Bhotekhoshi is short and where you guys can enjoy to the fullest. You may not feel as if you are for the first time taking part in rafting.
Tourists are mostly interested to raft in Bhotekoshi as it flows from Tibet. One of the advantages about the Rafting in Bhotekhoshi River is exciting activity and remarkable landscapes and traditional villages. But as soon as you arrive at the river of Bhotekhoshi you will forget the mountains and the beautiful landscapes. Now you can imagine the importance and the attraction of Bhotekhoshi which has power that will make you to see Nepal’s natural beauties that lie around the environment.
People who arrange the rafting, they are serious about their profession as they are highly experienced but the one who are rafting they must be honest too. They have to share the fact that they are rafting for the first time or they had an experience that can be helpful for both of them as per their safety. Like in other rafting, here rafters are provided with hygienic rated foods and for the night stay they will be facilitated with mats and sleeping bags. For more convenience, rafters are suggested to bring additional materials as per their requirement. Overall, Rafting in Bhotekhoshi is short and explorative kind of rafting.
: We take a trip to 95 km. east from Kathmandu is the starting point Lomosangu- Dam of the trip. This is a spectacular drive through villages and if weather permits, you will have fantastic mountain views i.e. Ganesh Himal, Langtang etc, we raft the first 10 km of the MOST exciting stretch of the river and then return to the start to play again the same stretch the next day rather than continue with only half a day paddling to the end. Drives back to our camp.
: After breakfast a quick pack up and set out (approx. 9 to 10 a.m.) run white water hit again a class 3 rapid starting from upper section. You have the second chance to show how your raft team can work well together in challenging rapids. We have lunch on the river and continue the action until the take out point Dolalghat Bazaar about 2 to 3 p.m. and bus back to Kathmandu. Our trip is over here.
If the above itinerary does not meet your needs, we can design individualized travel plans based on your preferences.
Cost Includes / excludes
- All ground transportation by tourist bus as per above itinerary
- Meal on full board basis during the rafting tour
- One night tented accommodation inclusive of full board meal
- Accommodation and meals in Kathmandu
- Your travel insurance
- International airfare and airport departure tax.
- Nepal entry visa , you can obtain a visa easily upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport in Kathmandu. (Tourist Visa with Multiple Entry for 30 days can be obtained by paying US $ 40 or equivalent foreign currency. Similarly, Tourist Visa with Multiple Entry for 90 days can be obtained by paying US $ 100. Please bring 2 copies of passport size photos.) (US$ 40 per person) you obtain a visa easily upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport Kathmandu for 60 days from date of issue. You required 2 passport size photos & your password copy.
- Items of a personal nature such as alcoholic drinks, cold drinks, laundry.
- Personal clothing and equipments.
- Tips for jungle guide (Tipping is Expected).
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on Price Includes section.
No departure dates found for please choose different option